We are thrilled to announce the official launch of the NCSD! We already have a large number of applications that we are reviewing as quickly as possible. To expedite the processing of your application, please keep in mind the following:
- Use your “official” work email if at all possible. Gmail/Yahoo/Hotmail/etc. address are acceptable if there is no alternative, but your information may take longer to verify and the processing of your application may be delayed.
- You will enter your bar number each time you log in to the site exactly as you submit it on the registration form, so do not submit multiple numbers or include the state abbreviation with the number unless you want to enter that information every time you log in. A single bar number is sufficient, even if you are registered in multiple states, as long as it is a current registration.
- Please list the names of at least a few capital cases that you are currently working on in the “current cases” field. We realize that many defenders have large caseloads and it is impractical to list them all, but one or two cases is much more helpful than just providing the number of active cases.
- For security reasons, access to the site is limited to currently practicing capital defenders and attorneys representing capital clients in post-conviction and on appeal. This means that non-attorneys cannot access the materials at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience and will make an announcement here if the policy changes in the future. Thank you for your understanding!
- If you have any questions or problems with the application, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all who have applied for your interest! Our goal is to make this resource as useful as possible and look forward to hearing any comments or suggestions about how we can improve!